One thing leads to another....

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: One thing leads to another....
From: "Chris S. Mottram"<Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 20:02:13 -0500

Chris S. Mottram@ECCI
12/26/97 08:02 PM

I fixed some dash lights on the Alpine and now I have to pull the head.  I
hope it ends there.
Here is how I got there (Shipwrights diease):
Under dash to fix instrumentation lights.  "What's that wetness? - It's
coolant"
Move to the heater core to check for leaks. May as well replace the hoses.
(Remove all of it)
Gee, the heater control valve doesn't work.  While I'm at it, I'll fix that
too. (Remove it)
I notice a little coolant around the thermostat housing, better pull that
too.  While I'm at it, maybe I better check the impellers on the water
pump, that could be the source of overheating in the summer.  Pull it.
The mounting studs for the thermostat housing were converted to bolts by
the DPO and were semi-stripped.  I'll helicoil 'em.  But wait, one of the
holes goes all the way through into the head.  I don't want any metal
shavings going in there.  Better pull the head off to do the helicoils.
PLEASE somebody stop me!!!  Who knows what I will find when I pull the
head!

Chris