Re: MG MIGET RACK

To: wallym@ozemail.com.au, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MG MIGET RACK
From: "Schotland" <schotbus@cyberenet.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 19:20:37 +0000
> >Steve,
> >
> >This is the setup I've had on my car for the past four years....
> >Dale will modify a cross member to accept the MG Midget rack which is
> better than the Tiger rack.....>
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Bob
>
> Dear Bob
>
> Is there any further information on the fitting up of a MG Midget steering
> rack??, if so I'd like to know??
>
> Seasons Greetings to all!
>
> Cheers
> Wally Menke

Wally:

TE/AE member Steve Jaffe recently got a bunch of people together to
have a production run of 10 pairs of Midget steering rack mounts made
by Dale's All British Restorations in California.  Steve also arranged a
very good price on remanufactured LHD racks through a friend of his
who's a big importer of British spares.

I bought two racks and two sets of mounts to support Steve's effort
and to make it a little cheaper for everyone, but I really only need
one set.  The mounts arrived about a month ago and the racks should
be in soon.  My cost for the mounts and rack was about $350/set.
If there's anyone out there who wants this spare set for my cost
plus shipping, please let me know.

The only additional cost for the conversion is a pair of Alpine tie
rod ends.  Steve has arranged for a special price on these from Curt
at Classic Sunbeam (I think it's $44/pr + shipping).

Thanks,

Gary Schotland