Re carbys

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re carbys
From: "tonyday" <tonyday@gist.net.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:16:51 +1030
        Read with interest Steves carby tips for Tigers, the phenolic block he
described was also used here in Australia with our Ford Falcon GT-HO's back
in 1970-71. Because of our right hand drive configeration the block was
fitted upside down on the manifold to be piped to the right hand rocker
cover PCV valve. Be careful these blocks do become very brittle especially
where the 9/16' pipe is fitted. I have owned a 1970 GT-HO phase 2 since new
and have replaced this block twice. It always intriuged me as it said "top"
but it was actually the bottom.
        This also leads me to the fake Tiger saga, it is not only limited to
Tigers the Falcon GT or GT-HO here in Australia would be one of the most
copied cars ever, there would be an average of 2 or more fake GT's to 1
original, remembering the low volume of cars sold here to the USA. From
memory there were approx 11,000 GT's made between 1967 and 1976 and 1300
GT-HO's made between 1969 and 1972. 1971 was the last year of the super
cars for Australia horsepower diminished weekly (yes the pollies got
involved) after 1972. the late model GT's were all fakeys with there 2V
cylinder heads.
        I wonder about my Tiger I bought it last year out of San Jose (deceased
estate) previous owner David Jackson had owned the car for 20 years and it
is listed in the book of Norman (trust it is real) it has all the Tiger
attributes including holes in rear chassis rails were Traction Masters had
been fitted but torn out. Vin # B382002486
I would be interested if anyone out there knows of this cars previous
history as I wasn't able to talk to "owner" just his wife who informed me
of its more recent life.

        Tony & Brenda Day          South Australia

        1966 Tiger
        1970 GT-HO Falcon
        1965 Thunderbird conv  429SCJ 4 speed
        1962 Thunderbird coupe