Re: Time for new tires

To: Bill Gegg <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Time for new tires
From: Harold Hartsell <hartsell@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:35:36 -0800
Bill Gegg wrote:

> Offset is extremely important and will determine the success of the
> tire change.

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that. I am running Porsche 924 wheels.
The offset is just about perfect. I can measure the backset if anyone is
interested. They fit fine, although I did have to adjust the front
valance just a bit.

I originally used these wheels as a temporary measure until I found
something I liked better, but after driving the car for a year, I have
come to like them. The car handles very well and they look pretty good.
They are also 14" wheels, so you can go with a lower profile tire and
still keep the same tire/wheel height. You can see how they look on
Cullen Bennett's Tiger, via the image section of Mark's web page.

Harold