Suspension Bushings

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Suspension Bushings
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 15:47:22 EST
Looking at my front crossmember, which was completely rebuilt 5 years ago, I
can see that the A-arm bushings are starting to deteriorate (at least the lips
which are visible). The question I have is: What experience have others had
with rubber alternatives? I know that the vintage racers are using, among
other things, urethane bushings. How much do they effect the steering
kickback? I use urethane bushings in my Mustang, but that car has so much
rubber between the road and the steering wheel, it is not a big deal. Has
anyone tried del-a-lum or PST graphite bushings? I know I don't want to use
teflon or solid bushings, but what is a good compromise that is streetable and
also functional for open track and autocross? Also, are there eccentric
bushings available? This is something we use on the Mustangs as they improve
caster and the camber curve.
Mike Wood
B382002273