Re: volvos.....

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, a-richat@MICROSOFT.com
Subject: Re: volvos.....
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:54:48 EST
Roland,

So your big race was in 1959.  That means the VW was 1959 or older.  i had a
56 VW and it only had 36 HP.  Man, what did that MG have?

In the 60's I was at a teacher's prep college.  The seniors would sign
teaching contracts around February for the following school year which would
start in September (and of course the 1st pay check would come in September)..

The minute a person signed a contract and if they could scrape up or borrow
$50 they could bring it this teacher on campus who had a deal with a local VW
dealer.  With this $50 down you would have a new VW bug at your door.  You
hadn't even started your job yet and your 1st paycheck was 7 months away so no
payments for 7 months.

If I remember correctly  the car costs $1395.  That $1395 now would buy you
one very good MkII grill.                    Mark L.