Street Racing

To: "Harold Hartsell" <hartsell@thegrid.net>, "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Subject: Street Racing
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:29:28 -0500
I know that cars these days are a lot faster than they used to be, but back
in the 70's the PO of my car did a fair bit of street racing in the Detroit
area, and was quite sucessful against guys that thought their hot rod
Detroit iron was going to tromp all over this funny little foreign car
Quite a few Road Runners, Novas, Chevelles, Mustangs, etc were shown the
Tiger's tail. Part of the trick is not to get suckered into a standing
start. From a roll the Tigers light weight & tall gears are hard to beat.
The car has little more than A 4bbl & headers & Hurst shifter. Of course,
nowdays any dummy in a new Trans Am could make mince meat out of us. Makes
me wish for the good old days.

Doug Leithauser