Re: Intake Manifolds

To: johnj7@gte.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Intake Manifolds
From: MWood24020 <MWood24020@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 22:46:43 EST

<< The question is there any advantge performance wise with the F4B? I
 would like to reduce weight and I can save 20lbs(?) with the F4B.  What
 are the pros and cons of each manifold with my stock configuration? >>

The F4B, while not as efficient as a Performer RPM or other comparable new
dual plane manifold, I believe has to be better than a stock cast iron 4V
manifold. The intake runners make a straighter shot and are of larger section.
I don't think they are short enough that you will sacrifice low end grunt. If
memory serves, the F4B is a 1500-6000rpm piece. I'm not familiar with the
Autolite 4100 carb, so I have no idea as to how that effects the equation. I
imagine it's a 4 barrel, 450-550cfm? If the F4B was originally for a Tiger,
the temp sender threads are correct, if not some adaptation is neccessary.
Also, the F4B is considered entirely correct in a Tiger application, has
become pretty valuable ($200-250 for a good one last I checked) and will
generally be a better choice.
Mike Wood
B382002273