Re: Hood Modification

To: "RSpontelli" <RSpontelli@aol.com>, <japeterson@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Hood Modification
From: "Doug Mallory" <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 08:04:10 -0500
Ramon,

Thanks for the information.

> >  I would love to run the LAT hood. Where do you see it is allowed in the
>Solo  rule book.
>
>Here in Southern California, several of the major "movers and shakers" on
the SOLO
>II Committee are Tiger owners, so we get a most favorable interpretation of
>the situation.

Do you have anything in print where one has been protested and upheld?

>Anyway, in reality, you aren't likely to draw a protest unless you start
>running close to your local hot-shoes in the class.  Have you had a chance
>run against the new 'vettes that they just bumped down from ASP 'cause
those
>poor weenies were tired of gettin' thier silly asses kicked by ancient
Lotus
>Elans and brand new Mazdas?

Well I guess I am the local hot-shoe. I was the NCAC state champion last
year by
a slim margin winning a few and loosing a few events but all were real close
+- .5 seconds. This year I removed the Gleasen Torqsen differential and put
in a Detroit Soft Locker. The last two events the second place car a 280Z
that had beat me 3 times last year was 3.5 seconds behind. As far as the
Vets this year they are not even close but I have not ran against any thing
newer then early 80s.

Doug