Re: autocrossing Tigers, was hood mods

To: "MWood24020" <MWood24020@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: autocrossing Tigers, was hood mods
From: "Doug Mallory" <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 07:40:21 -0500
Mike,
NO way do I want to run FS. In our division there are a couple Cobra
Mustangs with 17" R1s and 300+ hp. They get the pax points most of the time.

I have been racing for 25 years and it takes lots of practice to drive a
Tiger. I helped teach a drivers school and a national driver showed up and
took his hand at the Tiger. After looping it twice he gave up.

As you can tell mine is NOT stock it took me two years to get the rear end
to stick.
The best thing I have done is a AL flywheel you only have to stop the car
not the engine.

Doug