Land Speed Records

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Land Speed Records
From: DrMayf <DrMayf@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:22:05 EDT
I had the high honor and distinct pleasue of talking to Doc Jefferies: he
currently hold 24 speed records. While we were talking I mentioned that I have
a Tiger and we got off on that. He said that occasionally someone brings a
Tiger to the salt flats and races it. Does anyone on the list know anything
about it? I've ordered a rule book and newsletter, so maybe I'll find out that
way. If I do, I'll pass it along.

What year did Sunbeam hold the world's record? And what was the speed? Anybody
got it on the tip of their finger? Anybody else taken their pride and joy out
on the salt flats to see what it would do?

Thanks,

Larry Mayfield
B9471136