Carb questions

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carb questions
From: Cool VT <CoolVT@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 17:35:07 EDT
Had my 2v carb apart for a rebuild and noticed that the "float damper spring"
is missing and the rebuild kit did not furnish one although the kit seems to
be very complete otherwise.  Was a damper spring used on all the 2 barrels or
just certain models?  Mine is stamped C4ZF  F.  Does anyone know what kind of
symptoms would show up if the spring is necessary and missing?

One other stupid thing.  Where the throttle return spring hooks over the
throttle lever (or end of the throttle cable),  does it hook on the side
toward the carb or the side of the lever away form the carb.  I've had it off
a number of times over the years and just can't remember where it goes.  The
manual that I have printed by Motorbooks International, section C (fuel
system), page 19 shows two pictures of the spring on the lever.  One seems to
show it on the inside and one on the outside.

It's probably not a big deal, but I thought it might cause an anxious moment
if the spring decided to jump off at the wrong time.

Thanks for your indulgence.    Mark L.