Re: Spark Plug Wire Sets

To: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Spark Plug Wire Sets
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 12:10:05 -0400
At 08:28 AM 4/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
>What do you think about Spark Plug Wire Sets.
>
>My personal opinion is:  moderate to hi-end priced pre-made work JUST FINE.
>
>The reason I ask is that the PO installed ACCEL spark plug wires.....I
>suppose because they looked cool with some promise of X% increase in HP and
>or spark.  Personally, I have found them to be a royal pain in the ass!! ...

>Allan
        If the ACCEL wires are the ones with the huge red spark plug boots
then I agree with you.  I found that the large boot for #1 plug would get
knocked loose very often.  It apparently hit the fenderwell or something
under hard acceleration or just plain shaking.  I finally swapped the set
for a different brand and no more problems.  (The boots are not as big).
Jim Barrett TigerII 351C and others.