jabberings on 5 subjects (press DELETE now)

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: jabberings on 5 subjects (press DELETE now)
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 07:58:52 -0400
Steve Laifman  wrote:<laifman@flash.net>
>PAW (Performaance Automotive Warehouse) is a very large mail order
performance
>parts company.

I should get their catalog for reference purposes, but their _repeated_
misinformation, deliberate or intentional, on the ship dates for the one
order I ever placed with them, means I do business with Summit instead.
Smaller catalog, and (I suspect) slightly higher prices, but competent
customer service really means something to me.

500-1000 pages, huh? How? Full pages photos of each color of
machined-aluminum shift knobs?

Bo Cheadle wrote:

>There were 761 posts on the hat before; are we now going to do this
exciting
>subject again?

Hey, when was the last time a genuinely new thread made the rounds of the
List? The cars are 30-35 years old and, I suspect, most of us older than
that. Aristotle & Plato probably discussed TAC, rivets and cooling in
ancient Athens, until Socrates suggested hemlock tea as coolant.
Yeah, wouldn't mind some new topics myself!

Stu Brennan wrote:
>Subject: List Hats
> Neat idea.  I'd probably buy one.  Now all we have to do is agree on
>the logo and what we call this.  The Tiger Network?  The Tiger Web?

Who cares? A pile of Tiger doo-doo is OK with me. If someone will go thru
the effort, I'll wear one. LAT.net is too subtle, I guess.

Steve Laifman wrote
>I have found two expensive options.  Q-Pads in 12" and 16" thicker
peel-off
>sticky squares, Dynamat Premium (0.045 thick), and Dynamat Super (0.060
thick),

I my previous posts on Dynamat, I think I forgot to mention that it takes a
coat of paint well. In the Garage Queen , I brushed on Rustoleum Industrial
Coating (just tough paint), then the Dynamat, then another coat of the RIC.
Almost cannot tell it's there.

Oh, yes: I just heard about the Chrysler/M-B merger. I guess their next
product will be a $80,000 car that falls apart in 6 months, thus entering a
market niche formerly only occupied by Jaguar.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com