I'm Ticked Off!

To: Alpines List <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>, Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: I'm Ticked Off!
From: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 21:10:18 -0700
Hello Everyone:

I just acquired a used clock for my '67 Alpine that needs a clean up to
match my other gauges that I've re-done. The clock is from a '69 Alpine
(fastback) I believe.

Here's a question I could use some help on. I've successfully got the
chrome bezel and "glass" which is actually plastic, off the clock body
but I'm prevented from completely removing it by the spring loaded time
adjustment knob. I'm suspicious that the clock "glass" is stuck to the
bezel (after 30 years) but don't want to pry too much for fear of
damaging the "glass". I wonder that if I could seperate the glass from
the bezel there may be a "notch" of some sort that would allow the glass
to come off for cleaning. This time adjuster piece is wider than the
hole it goes through and must be attached to the pin coming out of the
clock in some mysterious (to me) way but it prevents disassembly in its
current state.

I hope I'm making sense, but has anyone had experience with this problem
from which they could offer any advice?

TIGERS UNITED UPDATE:
Now that tax time is over, registrations are pouring in. We got five
more yesterday alone. If you're planning on making it to this great
annual Rootes Group event, this year at Big Bear Lake, California
(southern California), June 26, 27 & 28, get your reservations at the
Northwoods Resort ASAP while you still can. E-mail with any questions &
I'll reply within a day or two and send you out an entry packet if
you're not a California Assoc. Of Tiger Owners member. Remember, Tigers,
Alpines and other Rootes Group cars will all be welcome and have their
own classes. We just got word that Dick Barker, from San Diego, will be
bringing his amazing Le Mans Tiger to the event. For those of you who
didn't see it at the Eureka, California Tigers United last year, you
must see this car. Further reports later on.

Steve Sage