May TEAE United XX Update

To: "'Alpine Net'" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: May TEAE United XX Update
From: "Kirk G. Even" <keven@eagle1.eaglenet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 18:31:56 -0400
TIGERS EAST ALPINES EAST UNITED XX YEAR OF THE TIGER

Hey Gang,

Its time for the monthly rattle of the can to get more registrants for =
the upcoming TE/AE United XX. REGISTRATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE =
ROOTES REVIEW NEWSLETTER, ON THE TE/AE WEBSITE, BY FAX AND VIA E-MAIL (I =
have it in Word format so send me your request for it). Please feel free =
to copy and pass this information along to non-internet savy Sunbeamers =
who have an interest in attending.  It is important to get registered =
early as a lot of money has been committed from our treasury and we need =
to get a good head count going. =20

We have invited/requested coverage from PBS/MPTs MotorWeek crew and are =
awaiting a response.  Feel free to send them an e-mail showing your =
support for this coverage at VIEWER@pbs.org.  Fabulous Fords has also =
been contacted and have expressed an interest in doing a spread on our =
Marque.  We are certain to get local radio coverage and a strong turnout =
from local car enthusiasts and other car club members.  We've all but =
signed on the dotted line for a great autocross site and you may get a =
chance to do battle with other Marque favorites.  This is a great =
opportunity and about as centrally located on the East Coast as you can =
get... so what are you waiting for?

Registration pricing will be as follows:

Single person: $80-member; $85-non-member
Couples: $125-members; $135-non-members
        Additional children under 12 years: $25 (meals and events)
        Additional adults: $35 (meals and events)
United XX T-shirts: $10

Note: Registration fee covers Concours, Tech Sessions, Awards Banquet, =
Hospitality Suite, Bus Tour, Dash Plaque, Patuxent River Appreciation =
Days, Door Prizes and other goodies.

Parts Vendors need to contact Russ Eshelman at (540) 872-3684 to reserve =
tables at the event.  There will be a fee of $10 per table for =
non-members who wish to use the parts room during the event.

Normal registration will be through 6:00 PM September 23, 1998.  After =
that there will be a late fee of $15.  Who and where to send your =
registration and fees will be on the registration form.  Early =
registration is highly encouraged.

Hotel Rooms at the Holiday Inn, Solomons Island will have guaranteed =
prices through September 8, 1998 of $69+tax/night Single, $79+tax/night =
Double and Suites are available at $109 to $164+tax/night.  Room/Suite =
reservations must be made directly with Holiday Inn using the Code TAE =
when registering. Remember the event will be October 8-12. They can be =
reached as follows:

                Holiday Inn Select, Solomons
                155 Holiday Drive
                Solomons Island, MD  20688
                (800) 356-2009 (410) 326-6311 FAX (410) 326-1069

A final schedule will be forthcoming and should be in my next mailing, =
but the tentative (fairly firm) schedule is as follows:

October 8th (Thursday):
-Registration and hotel check-in
-Hospitality Suite
-Parts room setup
-Bert's Restaurant Prince Frederick-informal car enthusiast meet-evening =
(opt)

October 9th (Friday):
-Registration and hotel check-in continues
-Concours prep and Concourse
-Parts room/Tech session
-Boat tour of Solomons Island, Patuxent River and Chesapeake Bay (local)
-Bert's Restaurant Mechanicsville-informal car enthusiast meet-evening =
(opt)
-Hospitality Suite (AM & PM)

October 10th (Saturday):
-TE/AE Board Meeting
-Bus tour of local Sites
-Maryland International Raceway for Drag Races
-Parts room/Tech session
-Boat tour of Solomons Island, Patuxent River and Chesapeake Bay (local)
-Hospitality Suite (AM & PM)

October 11th (Sunday):
-Autocross
-Parts room/Tech session