Yipes! Stripes! Fruit Stripe Gum!

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Yipes! Stripes! Fruit Stripe Gum!
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:58:29 -0400
Eh, it was a 1960's advert, seemed appropriate.

Jim Barrett wrote:

>For anyone with an original Tiger II :
>I would like to know the exact dimensions of the tape, i.e. the width
>of each color and the distance from the lower edge of the tape to the
>lower edge of the door ( at the center of the door).

OK, I brought in the _right_ stack of old newsletter tech hints this time.
>From TE/AE newsletter Vol. 13, No 5, from 1988, I'll paraphrase Scott
Woerth. This is stated to be a reprint of a tech hint from 1982.

It says "Start by making a mark with a felt tip pen 1-1/16" from the bottom
center of the door"

Then it goes into a lengthy discussion on getting the lines straight
blablabla.

then it describes a zone 3-7/8" tall. Imagine adjacent stripes ABCDE. A&E
are 21/32" tall, B&D are 17/32" tall, c is 1-1/2" tall. B&D are black ,
AC&E are white; except on white cars.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com