Re: New engine advice

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New engine advice
From: Jim Parent <jparent@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 01:08:54 -0700 (PDT)
Michael,

I had this one built for my Mark I in Arkansas:
late 1980 block, 0.030" over
deck squared, torque plate bored and honed, balanced and blueprinted
with improved lube
Plasma-Moly rings
K-B signature series hyperutectic flat-tops
Motorsport Hydraulic cam M-6250-H314 (224-234 duration, 0.496-0.520
lift, 112 deg. LCA, installed at 107 deg.
deck height at 0.020
Omega Aluminum 1.72 x 3/8 roller rockers
Windsor Jr. heads, bronze guides, 3-angle valve grind, pocket ported,
quench height 0.040"
Compression is 9.8 to 1, head chamber volume 58cc Intake runner volume
171 (not good for ozidizer use)
1.94 & 1.6 valves w/7 deg locks
umbrella valve seals, World Products guideplates, hardened pushrods
Motorsport full roller timing set
ARP hardware, Fel-Pro gaskets
Edelbrock Performer 289 DUAL plane maniforld (single plane is wrong
for low RPM engine)
Holly 1850 650CFM vac. secondary
4 into 1 full length headers from Sunbeam  Specialities

This thing engine dyno's 325 Hp at 5725 rpm and 325 lb-ft at 3550 rpm.

Got any other questions?

Regards,

Jim

B9470139

> > I was looking for some opinions on an engine combination that I'm
about to build...........