"" WILLOW SPRINGS UPDATE....CHEVY FORD CHALLENGE 1998 ""

To: "Tigers" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: "" WILLOW SPRINGS UPDATE....CHEVY FORD CHALLENGE 1998 ""
From: "JAN HARDE" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 22:17:19 -0700
WOW !!!!
Them Tigers sure move...
I enjoyed a GORGEOUS day out @ Willow today, a total of I think 5 Tigers on
the track, dominated by of course, Dale Akuszewski, Dan Walters, Al Denson,
Tom Sakai and Jeff Queen, I did not attend the the Saturday event, but heard
all the guys did well.
Today @ the 1 hour endurance race, guess what... Dale A. took first place,
Al came in # 11.
Next race @ around 11:00 AM, again the Tiger's beat up on them poor Shelby
cars in particular, they really did not come close to fighting of those mean
Tigers out there.
Dale or Jeff won that race in class.
And at the Ford Chevy challenge race, the announcer in the booth spent at
least 10 minutes telling the entire crowd, the story behind the creation of
the Tigers, Lord Rootes, Ian Garrard, Carroll Shelby etc.
And again this race was won by Jeff Queen, Dale did not enter that one, as
he had his tires all worn out..
All I can say, what a day, what a crowd, and those Tiger racers are the
best, and only go for the pure fun of it.  ( and winning aint half bad
either )..
I know I forgot to mention all the other Tiger folks out there, and there
were quite a few of us.
Hope you all will come out next time, and partake in the fun in the sun.

See Ya' all soon...

Jan..... P.S. I still have some more parts in the Tiger den, for sale...
Complete Tool kits coming this week, with pouch... A.M. Radios, bracket,
upper ball joints, tail light units, and more.... HURRY big SALE...