Re: Potporri resolution-The unknown cam

To: FrizBMG@aol.com, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Potporri resolution-The unknown cam
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:01:27 +0100
Tony,

Thanks for the mention.  You said:

FrizBMG@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Tigers
> So then to balance it I have to assemble it (Gap the rings,fit them to the
> piston,install
> the main  bearings and con rod bearings,get the engine to that point then take
> it apart and take the finished and ready to use pieces along with the harmonic
> balancer and flywheel to a shop THEN  be balanced,)right?
>
> Thanks
> Tony

Tony,

I dont' think the weight change between pistons, from gapping the rings, is
anything but "noise" in the balancing world.  I think you should just call your
electronic engine balancer and ask him what he wants, and in what state, rather
than ask the list.  He'll know the answer.

 It isn't as complicated as it sounds.  The additon of the Harmonic balancer was
a good one, and I left it out as I was in a hurry to reach you before you got
"took".  I think I would have the clutch balanced independently, so you can
replace it with a pre-balanced unit, and not use it's unbalance to compensate
for
an unbalance of something you are not changing.  I am sure the balancer would do
it that way, anyway.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >