Re: Tigers United

To: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Tigers United
From: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:19:19 -0700 (PDT)
 Steve,

 As the concour chairman last year I found out what kind of effort it
takes to make one of these events happen. The Judging format that Norm
Dick and I worked on would have been a first for a United, I guess the
Tiger community wasn't ready for it so we went with what has been used
for the last 20 years, and the naysayers still complained. Some tried to
throw a wrench in the event by changing tires and taping ID, we didn't
let it bother us because in our minds we had already won by getting a
great event put together. After the event there was alot of negative
comments posted to this list some of it directed at me. It is no suprise
to me that those people are not involved in making this years Tigers
United an even better event. I am glad that you had a great time last
year and I hope this year is a sucess.

 After all Tigers United is about getting Tiger owners and
enthusiests together in one place to celebrate the Marque. Last year
I spent 5 days with some to the funnest people I have ever met.

p.s. Ramon, after meeting you at Monterey and reading your posts I think
you would have had a blast last year, 5 days of tire kicking and beer
drinking plus the Tiger celebs we were graced with was unbelievable.

p.s.s Jeff, If you never look up from the goose poop at your feet, then
      you should probably just sell the rags.

 Bill Martin
 B9470735