Re: You know you don't drive your Tiger enough when...

To: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Subject: Re: You know you don't drive your Tiger enough when...
From: "John Crawley" <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:33:27 -0600
Larry:
I know that I have posted this warning before but I shall do it again.
If you have a car that has not been on the road for a long time - 5 or more
years - it is a good thing to change the brake pads BEFORE you run the car.
A pad separated from my less than 2,000 mile but 7 year old pads while
driving the TIGER at high speed. My Guardian Angel saved my life, my wife's
life and the car but it was close. I took the pad into our automotive lab
in the technical college were I work and they said it is not a unique
failure in pads that have been used and then sit for a long time. They
could not supply a reason why the failures happen, they have simply
observed  a number of failures from cars that come out of long term
storage.
Godspeed
Jc