Various Topics

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Various Topics
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:14:09 -0400
     Overheating, alleged or otherwise:

     I have a mostly stock Tiger and live near Boston.  Original radiator
     (6 PSI cap) and 2 barrel, with no power mods.   As my car warms up, I
     can see the gauge pause around the thermostat temperature, then
     proceed upward.  In the summer, I will cruise at highway speed with
     and indicated temp around 200F.  Maybe right up to boiling, depending
     on conditions.  It will go to maybe 220 higher if I get briefly stuck
     in traffic, but comes down when I get moving again.  I would not want
     to be stuck for an extended period.  I have blown water out only when
     I have overfilled the tank, or when I was supposed to average 12 mph
     while climbing Mt. Ascutney (maybe a pint).  Another Tiger with
     performance mods blew over a gallon on the same hill.  So don't worry
     too much about high numbers.

     Moratorium during Tigers Ignited:

     This should take care of itself.  It sounds like all the troublemakers
     on both (or is it all three) sides are either going to be there, or
     they have deliberately made other plans.

     Stu