Re: TU XXIII Images

To: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Subject: Re: TU XXIII Images
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 17:35:05 -0700
At 04:16 PM 7/1/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Question..  The RED Tiger in the Second Row, Third column of the pictures
from
>the top.....It appears to be Supercharged with a Paxton style blower...Is it?

        Most definitely is!  This Tiger II was last seen at an early TU in
Oregon
in the early 70's.  Its been in hiding under the same ownership for quite a
spell.  FYI it is also now a TACed Tiger along with 11 other new additions
to the list, bringing our total to roughly 310 Certified Chassis.  This was
not the only rarely seen Tiger at TU XXIII.  We also TACed a chassis
formerly powered by a Boss 302, last seen in this configuration at TU  II
if memory serves.  Although it is currently missing the Boss and is no
longer Silver, the early T-Bird hood scoop remains to tease the memory bank.

        I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to those who helped exempt those
of
us who reside in California from the shackles of the Air Resources Board,
and the bi-annual Smog Test.  Without this change, it would be unlikely
that we'd ever get to see some of these early Modified Tigers and other
interesting Muscle Cars again.

Tom