Re: Tu XXIII Results - slower got faster

To: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tu XXIII Results - slower got faster
From: Rob Guerra <Bomber44@kaiserair.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 11:13:02 -0700
I tell you all I had a great time at TU. I can say one thing about the
awesome 3 or 4 drivers - it's skill not necessarily their cars (stock or
modified). After we finished our timed laps for the afternoon group (2
dnf's and a 55.456 for me). I got Terry Taylor to drive my car on a fun run
and give me some pointers. Well let's just say it helped a TON!!!! My times
went from 55's to 53.XXX 52.XXX down to a 50.6XX, And I wasnt even in a
Tiger nor did I have R1's . Not bad a almost five seconds for 2 real easy
tips. I couldn't believe the difference.

I must also say Bravo to Bob Palmer, those were some pretty good times for
not autocrossing since the last Tigers United. I especially liked the spin
out at the finish. I really wanted to turn in a sub 50 second lap time.

At 03:29 AM 7/2/98 -0700, you wrote:
>    Is what I'm seeing correct?  The best time in the Autocross was turned
in by
>a stock Tiger ?  You modified Tiger people should be ashamed!  Was it just
the
>Altitude that was killing the performance of the Beefed up[ Tigers?  Just
>surprised and curious !!

Rob