Re: Tigers United XXIII Results Which Rules?

To: "Doug Leithauser" <dleit@hotmail.com>, <MWood24020@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tigers United XXIII Results Which Rules?
From: "Doug Mallory" <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 09:09:02 -0400

>Not competitive in BSP, LAT 70, 4bbl, headers
>Doug Leithauser

Wheels, DOT tires, intake, exhaust are open in BSP.

>If a Tiger was to be run as truly stock, you could forget about any LAT
>options. The reason for this is that none of the major sanctioning
>bodies have
>ever accepted the LAT stuff as homologated. If you don't believe me,
>look at
>an SCCA autocross rule book.

The way our reagon reads it LAT options are leagle in Prep or streat prep
unless listed as in the manifold and carb. In SP SCCA specs the LAT manifold
and carb.
In IT classes you are right it has to be STOCK carb and intake butexhaust is
still open.

>This leaves you with a 164bhp two barrel motor.

Not realy ...you can do alot with 420 cfm. Drop by your local circle track
and check
out there street stock class running 350 cfm Hollies.

>(unless of course you start with a MkII), 4.5" steel wheels, no limited
>slip diff and 2:88 gears. You could still bolt on some shocks and mess with
>alignment, but that's about it. Now, the problem would be that the stock
>steel wheels are not safe for severe duty use, as you would run a real
chance
>of pulling a lug nut through the bolt hole!

Again this is true for stock not BSP or BP

For more info check out
http://www.best.com/~mouton/sccasolo/car_class_rules.html

These rules are like most racing bodies supject to interpitation. You show
up and beat a hot shoe you better match the book to the letter. Finish 3rd
or less no body will say much. You can get buy with a over size engine a lot
easier then adding a sway bar in stock....

Doug Mallory