Re: TUXXIII

To: Listers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TUXXIII
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 23:10:50 -0700
Karen, et Listers,

I want to add my wishes for a speedy recovery to the many others that have
been sent to Karen Foster both directly and via the Internet. As most of
you know, Karen tripped and fell in the parking lot of the Northwoods
Resort at TUXXIII on Sunday, just prior to the awards banquet. Karen
sustained quite a nasty blow to the forehead and gave all of us who were
there quite a scare. But Karen proved as tough as the car she drives and
maintained her composure and good spirits all during the twenty or thirty
minutes she spent lying on her back while being attended to first by Phil
Cohen and then by paramedics as the rest of us stood by and watched and
hoped. Seeing this story unfold in such a special way, including delivering
the Lord Rootes Trophy to Karen in the hospital, reminds me of just what a
super group of people the Tiger community really is. If you have to have an
accident, you couldn't pick a better crowd to have it in!!

Karen, I hope you are back to feeling AND looking normal real soon!!

Congratulations on the LRT too!!

Bob Palmer