Aluminum heads and wide ratio gears

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Aluminum heads and wide ratio gears
From: "Kempinski, Rob" <KEMPIRO@mail.northgrum.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:33:21 -0400
My poor Tiger has  a stuck valve.  In the process of planning the engine
removal next week, I'm considering doing some other stuff while the
motor is out.  Instead of messing with the original heads, I was
thinking about upgrading to some modern heads.  Has anyone used or have
knowledge of aluminum heads for the 260? If not aluminum heads, any
advice on some other heads for a little more get up and go?

I know we have talked about gears before, but I wasn't listening all
that well.  Is there a good source for getting a wider ratio first gear?
I think this would be a good improvement without having to also pull the
diffy.

TIA.

Rob Kempinski
Northrop Grumman Technical Services