Re: Big Sky

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Big Sky
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 18:38:56 -0700
Jim,

Thanks for the nice first-hand description of Big Sky. Sounds like it would
definitely be worth the trip. Guess we should start installing our Paxton's
now and tuning our engines for 8000+ feet.

You will be glad (I think) to know that the Laifman didn't die; just on
vacation. Guess he can't afford a portable with a modem. Too bad,
especially since, as you noticed, it's been very quiet out there. Maybe
everybody's just having too much fun driving their cars, going to the
beach, drive-ins, etc. I have no explanation, but doubt it's a new "if you
can't say anything nice" policy. Heck, that'd take all the fun out. But if
things don't start picking up pretty soon, I'll have to take up the further
adventures of SAC and Lord knows there's plenty of material left to work
with. Hey, there's still Laifman, Cushing, Spontelli, to name just a few.
So if you and the rest on the list want me to keep quiet, you'd better
start reporting Tiger sightings, engine temperatures, trips to the
drive-in, etc. real quick.

Looking for a life in San Diego,

Bob