Re: headers and fan

To: "Jim Parent" <jparent@yahoo.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: headers and fan
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 02:52:02 -0700
    Actually there are some formulas to determine the correct tube diameter, and
Head to collector length.  It's based on the cam timing, cumbustion chamber
volume, C.R., and head flow characteristics.  It's been a very long time since I
did any of these and have forgotten all of the dynamics.  As I remeber, and I
may be way off on this, with fairly stock parts to mild built parts, the headers
should contain (volume from head to colector) of about 2/3 of the expanded
gasses...I'm sure somebody has some commerciaal software out there to do this
dynamically for you.  Mr. Gasket has some cool software for building and
designing engines, so someone should have what you are looking for.

Rich