Re: Windshields & Storage

To: wgoebner@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Windshields & Storage
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:37:43 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-28 17:08:16 EDT, wgoebner@pacbell.net writes:

<< Ramon & Listers,
 Is there something that we should "paint" on the edge of the laminated
 windshield to slow the delamination?  I have the same problem on the
windshield
 which is installed on my Tiger. >>

Man I wish I knew!  That Series II windshield game cost me a small fortune.

At this point, I'd think that the best thing you could do to "store" a
windshield for a substantial period of time would be to go ahead and install
it in a windshield frame.

Yeah.  Go ahead and kick me . . . I had the "good" frame stored in the same
damn shed with the "new" windshield all those years.  It surely wouldn't have
cost nearly as much to have it installed ten years ago either . . .

Sometimes, it seems like "wisdom" is nothing more than an ongoing realization
of your stupidity!

Ramon