FW: MOTORWEEK at TEAE United XX

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FW: MOTORWEEK at TEAE United XX
From: Alicia <larisab@ix3.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 15:53:31 -0400
I am not sure that these posts made it to the list. I have only seen them
in my personal in box, not on the list.

>From: "Kirk G. Even" <keven@eagle1.eaglenet.com>
>To: "'Alicia'" <larisab@ix3.ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: FW: MOTORWEEK at TEAE United XX
>Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:15:32 -0400
ixmail4.ix.netcom.com id SAA28313

>----------

managed to receive/procure a confirmation of full television coverage from
the Public Broadcast System's subsidiary, Maryland Public Television and
their MOTORWEEK program crew for our TEAE United XX in Solomons Island,
Maryland this October.  Craig Singhaus will be the narrator and will be in
attendance for the three main event days.  Not only does this come at a
time when our club needs something to bring us back together, but it will
also give Sunbeams in general the greater public exposure they have long
deserved.

>The greater benefit, though some may argue that it will devalue their own
car, is that restoration enthusiasts will seek out these cars to resurrect
and owners who have long forgotten about the old Alpine, Tiger, Rapier or
Imp stuffed into the barn or back of the garage will consider bring it back
to life.  Putting these cars into the limelight may also put them in demand
with the general public and, thus, increase their value.  Either way you
look at it, Sunbeams will be better recognized and respected wherever show up.

>Though I did the work, credit for the IDEA to contact MOTORWEEK needs to
be given to Larry Wright who has passed on more than one good idea to me
for the United.  Thanks Larry!!

>Best regards and see you at the TEAE United XX this October,
>
>Kirk Even, TEAE United XX Coordinator

Alicia & Dan
Windsor, NY

B9471431