too many to mention

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: too many to mention
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:27:44 -0400
A) My insurance on the Garage Queen was due and the insurance company
wanted photos of the car; I didn't have any really recent ones so I snapped
a roll in the back yard last weekend. 1st time ever for me doing
double-prints (boy, am I cheap when it comes to anything that won't bolt to
the car!) so I could keep a set as well. While I was at it, I got one of
those "Picture disks" that put your photos on digital images (it says
JPEG). I'll forward (to Mark?) for the replacement on the Tiger Web Page of
the photos that Mitchell took a few years ago. BTW, Colin Mills, I'm also
getting a picture disk made from the Monteverdi pics you sent me; would you
want the one photo of your car sent for inclusion on the Tiger Web Page?

B) I had thought that the Tiger was close runner-up in the "crazy shoe-horn
job" category, the winner being the TVR Griffith, but a mention in the
August Classic & Sportscar made me rethink that one. Didn't know (perhaps
all of you _did_) that there were six 289-powered Ginettas. You know, the
cars usually powered by Imp motors? Maybe they molded the fiberglass bodies
around the engines. Did find a pic on the 'Net of one (for sale!) for my
screen saver of Ameripowered cars; it'll be tougher to find one of the Momo
Mirage, a GM-or-Chrysler powered Stanguellini (sp?).

C) Ground clearance, or lack thereof; the Garage Queen sits up on stands
right now until I reconnect the exhaust. The culprit was a speed bump in a
parking lot, which pulled the exhaust straight back out of the headers'
collector flanges. 'Twas the 1st time in five years I let Susan drive the
car, now she says she'll let me drive the car from now on.

D)About that yellow Tiger for the TV commercial; can we assume that Shell
won't be using a "rely on the Tiger" theme?

E) About the attachment of the crossmember wedges; First, how did the word
"rivets" get on a post w/out a dozen comments from other Listers following?
And I think I know why my car seems so darty; I think my wedges are in
backwards, I probably have no caster at all!

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Division of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com