Re: Wheels

To: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 22:23:24 EDT

<< The wheels on my Tiger are identical to those pictured on
 http://www.best.com/~rootes1/car8.htm (Norm's web page)
 which has a caption under the photos "Speaking of II's, anybody recognize
 this languishing celebrity unearthed in London"
 Are these wheels anything special?  What's the story with that car?

Chris-
It's hard to tell with the quality of the photo, but the wheels look like a
"wire mesh"
or "daisy" pattern. These style wheels were very popular from the mid-60's
through the late 70's and were produced by a number of manufacturers including
Kelsey-Hayes and, later, Appliance. If this is the case, there is nothing
particularly noteworthy about them (not that they are bad or anything). They
should be a fairly heavy, cast aluminum piece and are kind of period correct,
especially if they are the earlier Kelsey-Hayes.
As to the car, I don't know the specific story, better to go right to the
source and ask Mr. Miller himself. Clearly, if the car is a MkII pre-
production car, it would be very significant, having factory installed 4-wheel
disc brakes and 14" wheels.
Mike Wood
B382002273