Motorweek, TAC & TE/AE

To: "Tiger Net" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, "Alpine net" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Motorweek, TAC & TE/AE
From: "Kirk G. Even" <keven@eagle1.eaglenet.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 12:36:33 -0400
Hey Gang,

We are fast approaching the October 8-12 TE/AE United XX and there's lots
of good news to be posted.

While my server sorted out some bugs, Dan & Alicia posted my announcement
that we will have the PBS affiliate, MPT sending Craig Singhaus and their
MOTORWEEK TV crew down to cover our United.  Thanks Dan & Alicia!  Great
exposure for the Club and for Sunbeams.  If you attend the United and are
wanted by Interpol, please avoid the camera as we will not be responsible
for your capture.

Tom Hall and Paul Reisentz have been on the phones over the last few weeks
and we are pleased to announce that we will be holding a Tiger
Authentication Committee training session for inspectors here on the East
Coast.  This is the first of several planned training sessions aimed at
providing wide spread inspection services to interested owners and
prospective owners of Tigers this side of the Mississippi.  The training
will be held in the Washington D.C. area on September 12 and we already
have 6-8 "students" signed up.  Training space will be limited, but all
interested parties are welcome.  If you miss this one, there will be other
sessions down the road.

What's great about this is that we will have inspectors at the United to
perform inspections on attendees cars BY REQUEST ONLY.  The core of the
program is to confirm what owners already know... that their car is an
original Tiger.  The program is to also provide a service to others who are
in search of a Tiger, but want the proverbial "Second opinion" before
buying.  Certification will be provided for a small fee and will be
officially recorded in TAC record books and will be searchable by
interested parties whenever the car is put up for sale.  A TAC sticker is
placed on the car where it can be seen when looked for.  All inspections
are voluntary!

In other news, Merlin Miller has just about finished building his GT2 Class
Tiger to join Tom Patton's Tiger on the race circuit.  Merlin has
graciously accepted an invitation to bring this wonderful mechanical
creation of his to our United this Fall and put on a show at the Autocross.
 We have an SCCA sanctioned sponsor to run the Autocross this year and the
course is promised to be a challenging one.  We have invited Gerry Porsch
who has built himself a fine straight line racer capable of 10 second 1/4
mile runs on the dragstrip while keeping the Tiger street legal (in
Florida).

A waterfront hotel, the Holiday Inn, awaits along with many fine dining
establishments that are offering discounts to United XX attendees.  Time is
getting short to make reservations... the hotel must receive your
reservation by September 9th to give you the discounted rate otherwise the
current/higher rate will apply.  September 27th is the registration
deadline for the United itself.  Please don't confuse the two dates.  All
the information you will need to sign up for the United can be found on the
TE/AE Club website at http://www.mindspring.com/~teae/  Get your
registrations in NOW or you might miss the boat to Solomons Island.

Please contact me if you have any questions at 301-862-9504 or at
keven@eagle1.eaglenet.com.  This will undoubtedly be one of the most
picturesque and relaxed settings you could hope to find for a United.  See
you there.