Alpine Oddity

To: Alpines List <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>, Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Alpine Oddity
From: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 01:53:03 -0700
Hello Everyone:
A friend of mine (a very knowledgable Sunbeam mechanic and Tiger race
driver) informed me today that his 1967 Alpine Series V (left hand
drive, 1725 engine, Overdrive Transmission) has a very unusual VIN
plate. Below the ID number are the words: "Singer Motorcar Company".
This is punched in from underneath the vin plate, exactly as is normal
on the ID numbers! The rivits, etc, all look original and like they've
never been removed. Has anyone heard of this before, and if so, what the
heck is the story? I didn't get the ID # but can do so if this could
help solve the mystery.

Steve Sage
California