Re: Greetings VERNOR

To: CobMeister@aol.com
Subject: Re: Greetings VERNOR
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:34:23 -0700
Colin,

Even I, a true native son of California, know Vernor and his marvellous
Ginger Ale.  I also know the Von Braun branch of that family
{9->.  And you thought we were all tie-dyed air-heads.  Well, Dude, we
do have other qualities besides inventing traffic congestion.  Like
lung congestion, and traffic congested surf-boards waiting for the
tsunami Big One.

Believe it, or not, we now have an 8 mph speed limit.  This applies to
any person on a marked sidewalk!  One girl, on roller-blades, got a
speeding ticket and is going to fight it.  Think that's the limit?
Well, we also have motorized skate-boards, which require a Driver's
License.  Manufacturer claims that since it only has two wheels, (one
front and one powered rear) it's not a skate board - which has 4 wheels.

Sounds to me like a motorcycle, or a Morgan 3 wheeler, with a wheel
missing.

Most people think the President has finally proven his poor taste.  That
tie is hideous.  No tie-dying whatsoever.  Properly, if anything
deserves to be tie-died, it's a tie, what?

When you get home, we will discuss the proper spells and incantations to
exorcise the Demon Lucas.  Do you have tree stumps with water
in them in Las Cruces.  I'll wager the "Cruces" alone are inadequate.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >