Re: Brake sensor

To: Bruce Richards <bruiser@ont.com>, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brake sensor
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 12:19:09 -0700
Bruiser,

Since a failure of this sensor can result in brake failure, it is important
to replace it with the right sensor with the right threads to ensure that
it won't leak or break. I got my replacement from Sunbeam Specialties about
twelve years ago. The first one quit working almost immediately, but the
second (free) replacement Rick sent me has been working fine ever since. If
I were going to do it over, I think I'd do away with the pressure activated
sensor and rig up a switch to operate off the brake pedal. This would be
more reliable, lessen the chance of a sudden loss of braking, and make more
room in the crowded area where it's located now. Just my opinion.

Bob

At 03:06 PM 8/29/98 -0500, Bruce Richards wrote:
>I've determined that the sensor switch for my brake lights is bad.  I
>was curious if it was a somewhat standard part that can be cross
>referenced, or do I have to order one?
>

>Thanks for your input.
>
>Bruiser
>B9470147

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com