Studs & DPO's

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Studs & DPO's
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:15:28 -0500
Stu wrote:
>Oh s**t!  I wonder where they got the backwards studs, and did they
>    have to drill to install them....?

A few years back, and I don't remember why, I installed Moroso
(drag-racer stuff) studs in the front of the Garage Queen, needed the
hubs machined. I think it took 10 minutes to bore out to the new
diameter. If your hubs no longer accept stock studs you might want to
consider this. If interested I could possibly find the receipt for the
studs with the stock number on it.

Armand wrote:
>Larry, nice car.  The red interior looks really great.  I may go with
that
>color myself someday.  regards Armand

Thanks. The red interior the DPO installed, shabby as it was, sold us on
the car _and_ on retaining the color scheme. We just freshened the theme
up with a brighter white paint, the red stripes and wheels, and the
white piping on the seats. BTW, Mark decided to add the other pictures I
sent him to the website.

That reminds me. I bought the car from an estate sale; thus DPO is, for
me, Dead Previous Owner. I never got to meet John Austin Stettler. Do
any East-cast Tiger people remember meeting him?

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com