what can I get for $5000?

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: what can I get for $5000?
From: "Josh Beach" <jabeach@navix.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:39:24 -0500
Hello, all.  Recently I attended an autocross, where I saw my first Tiger.
Ever since then I've had to have one.  The problem is, I'm on a pretty tight
budget.  As you can tell from my subject line, I would like to keep the
price of the car near $5000.  Would I be able to get a decent Tiger for that
price?  I'm not afraid to get one that needs work, as long as it's not a
complete basket case (that is to say, it's worth salvaging).  Another
obstacle to this project is the fact that I've never rebuilt or restored a
classic car.  However I'm pretty mechanically inclined (heck, I spent
practically my entire youth in front of a bin of Legos ;-)  ) and willing to
learn.  Non-original engine and body parts are fine with me, as I'm more
interested in a fun driver than a perfectly restored classic.  Any advice is
greatly appreciated.

Josh Beach
jabeach@navix.net
Visit the Contour Enthusiast's Group http://www.contour.org