Re: Non-Sunbeam content! Delete before reading!

To: RSpontelli@aol.com
Subject: Re: Non-Sunbeam content! Delete before reading!
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:36:10 -0600
RSpontelli@aol.com wrote:

> If I buy a ticket, and win.  Will you and Janet drive that pup to my house?
>
> And post a day-by-day accounting of the adventure?
>
> You could drink my beer when you get here . . . or bring your own Vernors . .

Hey Ramon,

Well, let's see... You are somewhere's down around San Diego, no?

You know of course that Janet is game for any trip any time any where...

Hmmmm...

The two problems, as I see it, are A) getting there and 2) getting home.

So far as getting there goes, I suspect that it would have to be a
non-stop trip as I am unsure that I can get in and out of that little
devil more than once. I supose I could stop overnight and just hunker
down in the car... It would likely be as comfortable as some of the
motels I have stayed in.

Bigger problem would be gasoline... I wonder if, between me and thee,
are there any full service stations? So I could get gas without getting
out of the car?

I wonder if all the McDonald's between me and thee have drive up
windows? So I could get gas without getting out of the car?

Once at your place, would you serve me one of your famous beers whilst I
was still in the car? So I could get gas without getting out of the car?
Would you also have a small crane or a large forklift standing by to aid
my egress from the car?

Then there is the problem of luggage... Since I won't have the
opportunity to change clothes betwixt here and there, I guess taking a
change of clothes would be pointless... But I will have to have a small
cooler with Vern and someplace to carry my laptop, which will, I think,
necessitate the use of a small trailer. I have checked with U-Haul and
they have a trailer designed to hold a cat carrier but, unfortunately,
do not have a "custom hitch" designed for the MG Midget. ("Sounds like a
forncar to me.")

But how will I get home from San Diego (or wherever)? Ah-ha! To aid the
luggage problem as well as getting home again, how about we make a two
car convoy and have the 'Beam follow along behind the Midgie?

Now, if I can just get Janet to understand that the honor of driving the
Midgie should really go to her since... Well, I'll think of something.

--Colin