Jay Leno and Bentleys and Woodley

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Jay Leno and Bentleys and Woodley
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 17:42:24 -0700
Woodley Park on Shelby Day.  Lots of fun, good people. About
7 Tigers, including Steve Alcala's, although he couldn't
make it he did send some nice raffle gifts from CAT and a
very nice driver.  Won a CAT Tiger fender apron.  Didn't win
the Shelby wood wheel or the Edelbrock Performer RPM
manifold.

Jay Leno dropped in, driving his Bentley.  Didn't have the
Blower, but was race-set-up with cycle fenders.  Since he
sold his Tiger, I didn't ask for his autograph, but did get
one for a newly found friend who is the original owner of
his early 289 Cobra.

Jay knew about the Blower Bentley I reported, as well as the
"Royale", and their owner.  The bad news is, although these
are really great looking cars, they are REPLICAS.  At least
he knows that.  I wonder if Bentley groups have a BAC
committee?

Anyway, fine sunny day.  Lot's of great people and cars.
Met the REAL Captain Hook there, with his Tiger and nice
wife. Can't wait till next Sunday at Woodley for British Car
Day.  Maybe I'll see if the Chrysler Car Day is still on
Saturday, and go to that one too.  Does Mercedes ever have a
"Day"?
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >