Re: 302 install

To: netscott@earthlink.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 302 install
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 17:55:22 EDT
Hi Scott
You wrote
<<thank you for the tank insight.
next on my list is reinstalling a new 302.
first yet me say that my car had frame damage in the front that was
fixed half-ast.
is it better to reinstall the motor with the heads off?(i am putting on
a set of cat headers).
i remember some posting about how you have to set the headers in first
before the motor goes in.
scott
B9472628>>>
 No No NO NO NO.
The easiest way to install headers on a(without engine in the car) Tiger is to
put the car up in the air all the way around(but higher up in front-2 ft if
you can)and remove the front end crossmember(4 bolts and a brake line).Put the
engine on a rolling stand of some sort that also supports the
transmission.Slide unit underneath car and remove the stand and install the
headers and engine mount assembies(loosely).
I just reformatted my harddrive.I will send you the long piece I sent to the
list about my ordeal when I did the same thing,with dos and donts in the next
day or so scott,when i find it.
Tony
Tony