Re: Frame Help

To: LARRYR2@ix.netcom.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Frame Help
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 21:53:46 -0400 (EDT)
At 9:48 PM -0000 10/7/98, LARRYR2@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>Took my Tiger to the shop the other day to have some rust repaired around
>the spring shackles.
>After they looked at the chassis they found severe rot all through the
>frame and particularly in
>the crossmember.
>
>Does anybody have a source for frame sections, paticularly the
>crossmember? If I can buy these
>already made up the repair will not be too costly.  Has anyone else
>experienced this type of
>problem? If so , what resolution did you reach and what was the cost? ANY
>input will be really
>helpful.
>
>Thanks
>
>Larry Rominger
>B9473280

Larry: Alpines! That why Rootes built them-parts cars for Tigers!
Seriously, see if anyone  on this list outside the rust belt has a Alpine
they're willing to cut up. If by crossmember you mean the center section
'X" brace, then these can be fabricated from flat stock on a bending brake.
That's how I did them on my TIger. Any decent sheet metal shop (or auto
rust repair place) should be up to the task.