VARA Palm Springs

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: VARA Palm Springs
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 17:30:17 -0700
Beamer's

Typically, VARA arranges one of the best events of their
year, and doesn't tell anyone.  This one hasn't even been
held last year, and was less than their best locale the year
before.  Now they are returning to the First Class venue.  I
know drivers who haven't been given the details.

Palm Springs Thanksgiving Weekend, with no Troy Donahue.

Thurs, Nov. 26 thru Sunday Nov. 29 they are holding the long
missed historic Palm Springs Weekend Races.   This time they
are back at the Wyndham Hotel headquarters and adjacent
track, with a small detour onto Taquitz Road, in front of
the hotel.

This has always been my favourite, and this time of year is
"high season" in Palm Springs, because the weather is
usually wonderful.  Palm Springs is a historic race site of
the vintage era, albight at the Airport, and is usually
jam-packed with notable cars and drivers, both in the race
and watching it.  There are concours planned, exhibits, open
pit area, grandstands.  A first class affair.

Hotel rooms in the area start at about $100/day for good
quality, with plenty of fine restraunts and shopping (for
the Tigresses).  I know a Dansk Outlet that has some pretty
great stuff.  On the way in from  LA there is another
enormous discount mall with something to drain anyone's
pocketbook.

If I can only see one event a year (and can't make Monterey)
this would be it.

Try to make it, if you can, it is a wonderful get-a-way.
Take the bride, and let someone else make the turkey this
year!

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >