Re: Hot Tiger in Houston ..

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hot Tiger in Houston ..
From: Joe Parlanti <joseph.parlanti@hyprotech.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 13:06:52 -0500
>Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 13:05:20 -0500
>To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
>From: Joe Parlanti <joseph.parlanti@hyprotech.com>
>Subject: Re: Hot Tiger in Houston ..
>
>Steve,
>
>I hear you, but they were unfamiliar with that part number, and I didn't
have anything else to use. My engine is basically stock with a Holley
manifold and carb, so I'm really not generating enough heat to warrant a
much bigger radiator. It would have been nice to have more cooling capacity
than I need, but what I've got now is much better than what I had. I also
haven't changed out the stock fan or plugged the horn openings in the
radiator support, so there is some room to get a little more efficiency.
BTW, there's a place that I found up in Houston called John's Mustang who
has 3 different 6-bladed fans. The closest one he had was for a 6-cylinder
Mustang. It was about 2" bigger in diameter, and the center whole was too
small. The center hole in my stock fan is about 1". Does this sound like
the right one to you. The cost is $39.95 which sounds good.

>Later,
>
>Joe
>
>At 12:41 PM 10/9/98 , you wrote:
>>Joe said,
>> .....I was told that to get the 4-row in, they would have
>>to spread the tanks,....
>>

>>Don't understand, Joe.  The one I used, and have been
>>recommending, fits the tanks just fine.  It is tagged on the
>>fins:
>>
>>"Modine H 69 H"
>>
>>It is, of course, cross flow. With dimensions of 18 1/2 W x
>>15 1/2  high.  Four
>>parallel rows of tubes, 36 tubes/row, each  3/8 inch deep by
>>0.080 wide
>>externally.  14 fins/per inch fin density.
>>
>>Tanks look normal, fit normal mounts, and fan shroud fits
>>fine.
>>
>>Steve
>>--
>>Steve Laifman         < One first kiss,       >
>>B9472289              < one first love, and   >
>>                      < one first win, is all >
>>                      < you get in this life. >
>>

>>_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
>>     _/                 _/_/_/       _/_/_/       _/
>>    _/        _/      _/     _/     _/    _/     _/_/_/_/
>>   _/        _/       _/    _/      _/  _/      _/
>>  _/_/_/_/_/__/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
>>                         _/
>>                    _/_/_/

Joseph Parlanti
Hyprotech Inc.