Re: Engine and header installation experiencie1st timer

To: FrizBMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Engine and header installation experiencie1st timer
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 20:47:18 -0400
At 08:01 PM 10/10/98 EDT, you wrote:

 Towards the end of the adventure in the garage the heat caught up with me.I
>>had been wearing black coveralls during the heavy work and drinking plenty of
>>pepsi and later some beer.No water.90 degrees air temp and probably hotter
>>where I was at.Then the cramps came from dehydration.First the legs ,then the
>>back.My friend Jeff continues to finish the job because I cant.Now a small
>>problem. Jeff found out why I had ducttaped the long bolt for the crossmember
>>to the socket,and the socket to the extension(I found out previously when I
>>took the thing apart-the bolt I lost in there fell out when we moved the
>front
>>end to install it) not once but twice!Is there an easy (ier) way to get bolts
>>out of the crossmember?Are new (or old used) replacement bolts available from
>>someone?

>TONY
        I have a similar problem with heat here in Florida.  I normally
drink a lot of black coffee when I am working on my Tiger.  I sometimes
add Morton Salt Substitute (potassium cloride) to the coffee.  It helps
prevent cramps. Doesn't taste very good if I add too much, so just a couple
of shakes in a cup of coffee.
        To remove the bolts ( or socket) from inside the cross member
I tape a very strong magnet to a brasing rod and then go fishing
through the holes. The magnet is about 3/4 dia by 1/4" thick.  It came
out of a disassembled computer disk drive.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others