RE: Specialty Filters & NO TIGER CONTENT

To: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Subject: RE: Specialty Filters & NO TIGER CONTENT
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:15:24 -0700
Rich,

Good question. I smoked my power steering pump in my 91 Ford Explorer early
in it's life because the fill cap came loose and puked all of the fluid out.
Notorious on Ford's I'm afraid.  The replacement came with and in-line
filter that fits in the return hose to the new power steering pump.  As I
caught the problem before the pump was totally trashed, I chose not to
install said filter.  Six years later with careful monitoring of the
cap....no problems.  Actually, I think I still have the filter on my
workbench.  Can't seem to throw anything away.  About 1.75 inches long, it
looks much like a Gano filter without the window.

Best of Luck,

Allan
B9472373