Re: Stopping Power

To: Alvin and Lucille Johnson <johnson@ids.net>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stopping Power
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 08:56:06 -0700
Al, et Listers,

"Go see Dale, go see Dale, go see Dale" (Akuszewski that is). And bring
money - lots of it. Vented rotors up front, Fiat calipers in the back and
the NO (New Owner) will be stopping with the best of them. Getting a second
opinion from Dan Walters is a good idea too.

I've heard that VARA has made Dale go back to the "stock" brakes, so he
probably knows how to get the most out of them too. Using carbon-Kevlar
pads and shoes no doubt. BTW, does the Tiger in question have a 5" or 7"
booster (or any booster at all)?

Bob

At 08:52 AM 10/17/98 -0400, Alvin and Lucille Johnson wrote:
>The guy who bought my Tiger believes that the stopping power is not
>equal to the "GO" power. He wants to convert to rear discs, and maybe
>better calipers up front, and still run the 13" Panasports rims. I told
>him I would forward any advice or experiences from my learned colleagues
>on this list. Thanks.
>Al Johnson (Ex-B9472024)

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com