Monopolizing the list

To: "'Theo Smit'" <TSmit@novatel.ca>,
Subject: Monopolizing the list
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 14:44:13 -0500

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333

Theo Smit wrote:
* I'd have to go back to the various Rootes group history books
* to get all the
* names right but you could easily get all the street names
* from the various
* Rootes-operated plants, and a few places in the States
* (Carroll Shelby's shop
* and Hollywood Sports Cars instead of Waterworks / Electric
* Co.?).

Does that mean we have a volunteer for Gamemaster? Compose a consensus
list of place names for the squares, the card messages, etc?  :-)

*For the
* tokens, use the different Rootes cars. Don't get stuck
* driving the Humber.

LOL! Because of the tendency to go over cliffs? "Larry, your game piece
is on the floor again". Actually, the only thing I can think of small
enough is the Micro Machines Tiger; paint 'em various colors.

Dick Barker wrote:
*Larry Wright writes:
*> Yeah, but who gets to use the race car playing piece?<
*That depends.  Is it really a Tiger or, perhaps, an Alger?  Has it been
*authenticated?

You'll never know; the quarter-inch-long bonnet won't open, so ya can't
see the cowl and firewall.  :-)

*Could I just have the old shoe, please?

Only if it's Nomex. Also, the little dog goes because it's not a Talbot.
And here I was thinking adding some putty to the back of the game piece
to make a little Lister Coupe...

Bob Palmer wrote:
*I think this thread may go on for quite a while.
*How about squares on the board marked "TAC" instead of "Chance".

Sure; fine with me, as long as we're allowed to read what's written on
the cards. Sorry.